Dolby Cinema Reaches 100th Announced Title with Warner Bros. Pictures’ ‘Horse Soldiers’
10 new Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision titles coming to Dolby Cinema
San Francisco, June 16, 2017— Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) today announced it has reached its 100thannounced title with 10 new highly anticipated features coming to Dolby Cinema. This adds to the growing slate of movies available to be shown at Dolby Cinema locations around the globe. Warner Bros. Pictures’ Horse Soldiers is the 100th title to be announced.
Dolby Cinema is a premium cinema offering for moviegoers, combining spectacular image and sound technologies with inspired design to deliver the total cinema experience, making every visit a completely captivating cinematic experience.
“Reaching the 100th announced title for Dolby Cinema is a tremendous accomplishment that couldn’t have been achieved without the support from the directors and filmmakers who want to use the best technology for their storytelling,” said Doug Darrow, Senior Vice President, Cinema Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. “In 2017 we announced 44 Dolby Cinema titles, more than any other premium format, which is a testament to the ongoing commitment from Hollywood and studios around the world to deliver the best experience to the cinema.”
Newly announced titles include Tristar Pictures and MRC’s Baby Driver, due out June 28, 2017; Illumination Entertainment/Universal Pictures’ Despicable Me 3, due out June 30, 2017; Warner Bros. Pictures’ Dunkirk, due out July 21, 2017; New Line Cinema’s IT, due out September 8, 2017; Twentieth Century Fox’s Kingsman: The Golden Circle, due out September 22, 2017; Columbia Pictures’ Flatliners, due out September 29, 2017; Columbia Pictures’ Granite Mountain Hotshots, due out October 20, 2017; Focus Features’ Darkest Hour, due out November 22, 2017; Columbia Pictures’ Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, due out December 20, 2017, and Warner Bros. Pictures’ Horse Soldiers due out January 19, 2018.
“Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are two amazing formats that deliver on the Dolby Cinema experience and provide our filmmakers the ability to showcase their true talents,” said Jeff Goldstein, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. “Dolby Cinema makes you feel as if you are in the movie, and we are proud to be a part of this tremendous milestone.”
Dolby Cinema begins with the filmmakers’ vision—using the full storytelling capabilities that Dolby offers in image and sound production to transform the way movies are made and presented. With state-of-the-art image, sound, and acoustic capabilities, the movie comes alive to deliver cinema in its purest form.
Scheduled release dates for upcoming Dolby Cinema titles include:
- Disney•Pixar, Cars 3, June 16, 2017
- Paramount Pictures, Transformers: The Last Knight, June 21, 2017
- Tristar Pictures/MRC, Baby Driver, June 28, 2017
- Illumination Entertainment/Universal Pictures, Despicable Me 3, June 30, 2017
- Columbia Pictures, Spider-Man™: Homecoming, July 7, 2017
- Twentieth Century Fox, War for the Planet of the Apes, July 14, 2017
- STX Entertainment, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, July 21, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Dunkirk, July 21, 2017
- Focus Features, Atomic Blonde, July 28, 2017
- Columbia Pictures/MRC, The Dark Tower, August 4, 2017
- New Line Cinema, Annabelle: Creation, August 11, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Happy Family, August 24, 2017 (Germany)
- New Line Cinema, IT, September 8, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures/Village Roadshow Pictures/LEGO System A/S, The LEGO® NINJAGO Movie, September 22, 2017
- Twentieth Century Fox, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, September 22, 2017
- Columbia Pictures, Flatliners, September 29, 2017
- Columbia Pictures/Warner Bros. Pictures/Alcon Entertainment, Blade Runner 2049, October 6, 2017
- Columbia Pictures, Granite Mountain Hotshots, October 20, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Justice League, November 17, 2017
- Focus Features, Darkest Hour, November 22, 2017
- Columbia Pictures, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, December 20, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Horse Soldiers, January 19, 2018
Dolby Cinema enables richer and more action-packed storytelling through Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. The Dolby Vision projection system, which uses state-of-the-art optics and image processing, delivers high dynamic range with enhanced color technology and a contrast ratio that far exceeds that of any other image technology on the market today. The result is a dramatically different viewing experience that presents strikingly vivid and realistic images, making viewers feel like they are inside the movie’s world. The Dolby Vision laser projection system was co-developed with Christie®, which supplies, installs, and services all the projector systems, which can only be experienced at Dolby Cinema locations.
Dolby Cinema also includes Dolby Atmos sound technology, which moves audio around the theatre, even overhead, with amazing richness and depth. The combination of Dolby technologies with the design and comfort of the Dolby Cinema makes audiences feel closer to the onscreen action.