Weekend Forecast: 'I, Frankenstein'
Featured Stories - on January 22, 2014 by BoxOffice Staff
After a fantastic holiday frame, look for things to slow down this week as I, Frankenstein represents the only new release. The lack of any football playoffs should be an advantage for many films on Sunday.
- Aaron Eckhart brings a necessary familiar face to this genre film thanks to his star turns in The Dark Knight and Battle: Los Angeles.
- The IMAX release should boost receipts this weekend.
- Flixster activity is noticeably strong.
- With so many male-oriented films dominating the market right now, there's not much room left for another one.
- Online reactions to the trailers have been less than kind.
- Eckhart, though a star in his own right, isn't a guaranteed draw.
- Twitter and Facebook activity have been sorely lacking.
Check out our full weekend forecast in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Opening Weekend||Domestic Total through Sunday, Jan. 26|
|Ride Along||Jan 17, 2014||Universal
|I, Frankenstein||Jan 24, 2014||Lionsgate
|The Nut Job||Jan 17, 2014||Open Road
|Lone Survivor||Dec 25, 2013||Universal
|Frozen (2013)||Nov 22, 2013||Disney
|Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit||Jan 17, 2014||Paramount
|American Hustle||Dec 13, 2013||Sony / Columbia
|August: Osage County||Dec 27, 2013||Weinstein Company
|The Wolf of Wall Street||Dec 25, 2013||Paramount
|Devil's Due||Jan 17, 2014||Fox
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.