Hasee Toh Phasee will premiere in North America on February 7, 2014.
Synopsis: Spread across Mumbai over a decade, the film is about the relationship between the quirky, rebellious Meeta (Parineeti Chopra), and the mischievous Nikhil (Sidharth Malhotra) struggling with their respective families to fit in. Nikhil bumps into Meeta on the occasion of her sister Deeksha's wedding while Meeta is on the run. He falls in love with Meeta's sister Karishma on the same day. The film jumps to the eve of Nikhil and Karishma's engagement. Karishma's wealthy father, Devesh Solanki, does not approve of Nikhil as he finds him to be a lackadaisical young man.
On the day of his engagement, Nikhil promises Karishma that he will prove himself to be worthy of her within the next seven days. Nikhil is re-introduced to Meeta by Karishma and is instructed to put her up in a hotel. Nikhil recognizes Meeta. In an attempt to please Karishma he decides to keep Meeta in the flat above his own house, with his crazy extended family. During the course of Meeta's stay at Nikhil's house, they come close to each other and open up to each other. In the midst of this confusion, the truth of relationships is unfolded; the strength of unions is tested and love triumphs.
Starring: Sidharth Malhotra, Parineeti Chopra, Adah Sharma, Manoj Joshi, and Sharat Saxena
Director: Vinil Mathew
Gunday will premiere in North America on February 14, 2014.
Synopsis: Based in Calcutta during its most unsettled times in the 1970s, the film deals with the inseparable life of Bikram and Bala. The story of 2 boys, boys who became refugees. Refugees who became gun couriers. Gun Couriers who became coal bandits, coal bandits who became Calcutta's Most Loved, Most Celebrated, Most Reckless, Most Fearless, Most Powerful! A story of two happy-go-lucky renegades who came to be known as...GUNDAY!
Starring: Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, and Priyanka Chopra
Director: Ali Abbas Zafar
Yaariyan won the head-to-head battle against Dedh Ishqiya for the top spot at the box office among domestic films in India. The Bollywood romantic drama took a $4.1 million bow from 1,204 screens compared to Dedh Ishqiya's $2.9 million debut from 1,024 screens.
Dhoom 3 finished its fourth week under the $1 million mark after taking $729k from 932 screens. The blockbuster is already India's highest grossing film of all time and has collected a total of $42 million from Hindi screenings alone. Bollywood classic Sholay was re-released in 3D last weekend and posted a $339k take in its first hold, taking the cumulative total of the re-release to $1.7 million
Top Ten Domestic Films in India:
* Hindi grosses only.
Dhoom 3 has now reached $88 million at the global box office. The most successful Indian film of all time has already grossed $61.3 million in its home country and an additional $26.6 million outside of India. North America is the film's top foreign market with an $8 million cume.
The full press release from Yash Raj Films is included below:
NOW AT $88 MILLION BOX OFFICE
Friday January 17th 2014: Yash Raj Films' Dhoom:3 closed another glorious week as it continues it's reign at both the Indian and Overseas Box Office!
The film now has the distinction of being the number 1 Indian film in all key International territories.
Gross Box Office Collections:
• India ₹367.64 Cr / $ 61.3 Million
• Overseas ₹159.8 Cr / $ 26.6 Million
• Total ₹527.48 Cr / $ 87.9 Million
Top 5 International Territories:
· US & CAN : $ 8.05 Million (previous highest - $6.5 mil)
· UAE & GCC : $ 6.62 Million (previous highest - $4.4 mil)
· UK : $ 4.24 Million (previous highest - $3.9 mil)
· Pakistan : $ 2.16 Million (previous highest Indian film $0.895 mil and Pakistani film $2.09)
· Australia : $ 1.92 Million (previous highest $1.1 mil)
• THE FIRST INDIAN FILM TO REACH GBO $88 MILLION MARK AND COUNTING WORLDWIDE!
• THE NO.1 FILM IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN CINEMA, PREVIOUS HIGHEST $63 MILLION.
• THE NO.1 INDIAN FILM IN KEY INTERNATIONAL MARKETS LIKE NORTH AMERICA, UK, MIDDLE EAST, PAKISTAN, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, FIJI ETC
• ONLY INDIAN FILM TO GROSS MORE THAN $1 MILLION ON OPENING DAY IN NORTH AMERICA AND CONSECUTIVELY FOR THE WEEKEND.
• HAVING GROSSED ALMOST DOUBLE OF ANY OTHER INDIAN FILM IN TERRITORIES LIKE NEW ZEALAND, FIJI AND EAST AFRICA, DHOOM:3'S STUPENDOUS FEAT OF CROSSING $88 MILLION WORLDWIDE, HAS BROKEN MULTIPLE BOX OFFICE RECORDS AND CONTINUES TO MARCH FORWARD TO SET NEW BENCHMARKS FOR INDIAN CINEMA THE WORLD OVER
• DHOOM:3 MARKS THE FIRST INDIAN PRODUCTION TO BE RELEASED IN IMAX ACROSS 13 TERRITORIES, INCLUDING NORTH AMERICA, U.K., NETHERLANDS, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND ETC MAKING IT THE LARGEST NON-HOLLYWOOD IMAX RELEASE.
International territories opening up in the coming days:
German, Romania & Peru just opened this week, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Russia, CIS, Turkey and others to follow.
Dhoom:3's stupendous feat of crossing $87.9 Million WORLDWIDE, has broken multiple Box Office Records and is on course to make even further B