'Snow White and the Huntsman' Tallies $39.3 Million Internationally, Nears $100 Million Worldwide
on June 03, 2012
The latest numbers from Universal:
Internationally the film grossed an outstanding $39.3M at 4,487 dates in 45 territories; with the film opening as number one in 30 territories. Highlights include:
• U.K. is its top opener with an estimated $5.5M at 476 dates. (The U.K. has two national holidays and school holidays this week and 5 weeks as counter-programming to the Euro Cup)
• Spain opened No. 1 with an estimated $3.8M at 393 dates and 47% market share.
• Mexico opened No. 1 with an estimated $4.4M at 571 dates and 44% market share.
• Openings in Asia are led by Korea with $3M at 258 dates. Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand all opened No. 1 and grossed over $1M each.
• The film has 18 territories including Australia, France, Italy, Japan and Russia to open over the next two months. Next the film opens in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Bulgaria, Latvia and the Netherlands.
Worldwide opening weekend estimate = $95.6 million
No comments were posted.