UPDATED: 'Rise of the Guardians' Reaches $90 Million Overseas, Takes #1 in Key Countries
on November 25, 2012
Sunday (12/9) Update: Paramount is reporting a solid 30 percent drop from international holdover territories this weekend for Rise of the Guardians. The film claimed the #1 spot in the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Mexico while opening at #1 in Iceland and Israel.
The film took in $26 million from 58 markets, increasing the international tally to $90.5 million. Guardians will open in Australia next week.
Key notes from Paramount:
· France strikes over its 2nd weekend landing the top spot at the French box office with a drop of 35% gathering a strong $3M from 665 locations. Local cume is now at $8.4M.
· The UK is also holding strong and is estimated to be #1, dropping just 17% from its opening with a robust $2.6M from 495 cinemas leading the cume to $6.5M.
· The Italian market made $2.5M in its 2nd weekend, dropping just 16% and holding at #1. The cume is now at $5.9M.
· Mexico made a solid $2.2M over its 2nd weekend from 575 cinemas, dropping 33% and held onto the top spot. Estimated cume is now at $6.5M.
· Rise of the Guardian's 2nd weekend in Brazil made an estimated $2.1M from 400 locations (dropping 17%). The cume is at $6.3M.
· Korea is estimated to have added another $1.8M to the cume which has now reached $4.9M. The film dropped 19% from its opening and screened at 553 cinemas.
· Russia's 3rd weekend is estimated to have made $1.7M from 700 cinemas. The cume is now at $13.2M.
· Spain impressed with a jump of 13% to $1.7M over its 2nd weekend from 540 locations, pushing the cume to $4M.
· Germany is estimated to have dropped 32% in its 2nd weekend with $950k pushing the cume to $2.9M (552 locations).
Sunday (12/2) Update: Paramount reports that Rise of the Guardians pulled an estimated $40 million from 8,708 locations in 55 countries overseas this weekend. 20 of this weekend's openings were at #1, and the cume now stands at $57 million internationally. The film will open in Israel, Iceland and South Africa next weekend.
Key notes from Paramount:
· France was the highest new entry, with a very good $4.7M from 620 locations taking the 1st place in the local Box Office. This is on a par with How To Train Your Dragon and 120% above Megamind.
· Mexico's opening is estimated at an excellent $3.7M from 577 cinemas. Estimated ranking is at #1. This is 39% above How To Train Your Dragon and 51% above Megamind.
· Rise of the Guardian's debut in Brazil made an estimated very solid $3.1M from 397 locations. This is 22% above How To Train Your Dragon and 42% above Megamind.
· The Italian opening is estimated at an excellent $3.1M from 510 cinemas. This is 119% above How To Train Your Dragon and 193% above Megamind.
· The UK's opening added a strong $3M from 487 locations.
· In Korea the film is estimated at $2.7M from 471 cinemas.
· Germany is estimated to have opened at $1.6M from 560 locations.
· In Spain, Rise of the Guardians is estimated to have opened at $1.4M from 616 locations.
· The Philippines opened at $841k from 113 locations at #1.
· In Belgium, Rise of the Guardians is estimated to have opened at $673k from 50 locations.
· Chile is estimated to have opened at an excellent $425k from 48 cinemas to make it the biggest non-franchise DWA animation opening of all time. The estimated ranking is at #1.
Sunday (11/25) Update: Rise of the Guardians added another $10 million 3,869 overseas locations for an international cume of $13.5 million after two weekends. Next week, the animated flick rolls out to 50 more territories.
Key stats from Paramount:
• Russia was the highest new entry, with a solid $5.85 million from 800 locations taking the first place in the local box office. This is 11% above Wreck-It Ralph and 4% above Brave.
• Rise of the Guardian's debut in Colombia made a strong $937k from 115 locations. This is 100% above How To Train Your Dragon, and 58% above Monsters Vs Aliens.
• Argentina's opening added $668k from 110 locations. This is 101% above How To Train Your Dragon, and 43% above Monsters Vs Aliens.
• Singapore's opening is estimated at $593k from 50 cinemas.
• Malaysia is estimated to have opened at $574k from 94 locations. This is 30% above Hotel Transylvania, and 37% above Monsters Vs Aliens.
• In the Ukraine, Rise of the Guardians is estimated to have opened at $552k from 110 locations.
No comments were posted.