Marcus Wehrenberg Theatres Debut New Movie Series and More in Early 2017
Milwaukee, February 13, 2017… Marcus Theatres®, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS), is excited to announce new movie series and more coming soon to its newly acquired Marcus Wehrenberg Theatres. More options and offerings are part of the exciting changes for these movie-going communities.
In anticipation of Oscar night, the movie industry’s biggest event of the year, the 2017 Best Picture Festival will be playing at five of the new Marcus Wehrenberg locations. It is a two-day event that features this year’s nine Best Picture nominees on back-to-back Saturdays, Feb. 18 (day one) and Feb. 25 (day two). Admission for each day is sold separately. Day one is $28 to see four movies and day two is $35 to see five movies. Participating Marcus Wehrenberg locations include: Bloomington Cine; Chesterfield Cine; Des Peres Cine; Ronnie’s Cine; and St. Charles Cine.
Kids Dream, a popular family film series at Marcus Theatres presented by American Family Insurance, is also coming to 10 Marcus Wehrenberg locations starting in early March. For just $3, moviegoers can see family-favorite films back on the big screen on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 10 a.m. between March 3 and April 9. Six movies make up the series, including “Kung Fu Panda,” “Ice Age: Collision Course,” “The Wild Life,” “Storks,” “Kubo and the Two Strings,” and “The Secret Life of Pets.”
During this series, attendees can enjoy concessions specials, including popcorn and fountain drinks for just $2.75. Participating Marcus Wehrenberg locations include:
- Arnold Cine
- Bloomington Cine
- Cape West Cine
- Cedar Rapids Cine
- Chesterfield Cine
- Des Peres Cine
- O’Fallon Cine
- Rochester Cine
- Ronnie’s Cine
- St. Charles Cine
“Special film series provide the Marcus Wehrenberg moviegoer a variety of options beyond new movie releases,” said Rolando Rodriguez, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Marcus Theatres. “Going to the movies is a social pastime we want everyone to enjoy, and as such, it is our goal to offer something that appeals to everyone. That’s what inspired these additions, and why we’ll plan for plenty more to come.”
A few other notable changes are in the works:
- Beyond the recently introduced $5 TuesdayProgram, other special programs have been added at select locations.
- New gift cards also have become universal for Marcus Wehrenberg and Marcus Theatres, meaning that the cards can be used at either/all locations.
- VIP and discount tickets are available at www.marcustheatres.com; and booking a private screening or event just got easier, too. Email firstname.lastname@example.org call 800-232-4625.
- Two websites – www.marcustheatres.comand www.wehrenberg.com – will merge to become one resource for all Marcus and Marcus Wehrenberg guests at www.marcustheatres.com.
- Plans to combine the Wehrenberg MVP loyalty program with the Marcus Theatres Magical Movie Rewards℠program are underway with updates still to come. Together, these programs will surpass two million members circuitwide this month.
- Potential renovations at select properties also are currently under evaluation.
These changes will really enhance the Marcus Wehrenberg guest experience.
For more information and updates about special series, showtimes, additional programs and more, visit www.marcustheatres.com.