NEW YORK - The Cinema Advertising Council (CAC), the trade association of cinema advertising companies that represent 82% of U.S. movie screens, has today named the winners of its 2008 CAC Creative Excellence Awards. The annual awards recognize high-quality, entertaining advertising that has been showcased in movie theatres during the past year, on a national, regional and local basis.
"There is no better showcase for a great piece of creative than the big screen and the unique environment of the cinema," said Dave Kupiec, president and chairman of the CAC. "When you have an audience that is totally focused on the screen, and a 40 foot canvas to work with, it's a Creative Director's dream. As more and more clients add cinema to their media mix, we have an increasing volume of great work to choose from each year. These awards recognize some of the work which stood out and entertained audiences to the fullest"
Nominees were chosen by the CAC membership, and the winning creative was determined by votes from the CAC Board of Directors, marketing committee members, and creative directors from select member companies. Advertising that appeared in the theatre environment between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008 was eligible.
Following are the winners of the 2008 CAC Creative Excellence Awards:
- Top Regional or National Commercial Spot (ran in more than one theatre in two or more markets) - Sprint: ‘Pants, No Pants' (Creative: Goodby, Silverstein & Partners)
- Top Regional or National Long-form Advertisement - History: ‘Life After People' (Creative: Internal Creative)
- Top Integrated Cinema Advertising Campaign (coordinated on-screen and in-lobby advertising elements) - Army National Guard: ‘Citizen Soldier'
(Creative: LM&O Advertising; Media: LM&O Advertising)
- Top Local Commercial Spot - Carolina Hurricanes: ‘135946 - There's A Storm Coming' (Creative: CanesVision)
- Top Still Image Advertisement (local, regional or national; slide or digital) -LaGloria Latin American Sports Grill: ‘LaGloria Latin American Sports Grill' (Creative: Screenvision Direct)
- Top Digitally Animated Cinema Advertisement (local, regional or national) - Marshall University: ‘Marshall University' (Creative: UniqueScreen Media)
Awards are given to the advertiser and/or the creative agency responsible for the advertisements, except for the integrated campaign awards which go to the advertiser, creative agency and media agency. Images and/or video for the winners can be found online here.