NEW YORK - The Cinema Advertising Council (CAC), the trade association of cinema advertising companies that represent 82% of U.S. movie screens, has today named the winners of its 2009 CAC Creative Excellence Awards. Awarded annually, the council recognizes the achievement of high-quality and entertaining advertising that appeared during the past year on a national, regional and local scale.
"With record-breaking box office results, 2009 was a great year for the movie business and the advertisers who chose the cinema platform," said Michael Chico, president and chairman of the CAC. "Congratulations to the latest recipients of the CAC Creative Excellence Awards. We have already seen some stellar work hit theatres in 2010, and look forward to seeing what the industry comes up with as the rest of this year unfolds."
Nominees are chosen by the CAC Membership, and the winning creative was determined by votes from the CAC Board of Directors, marketing committee members, and creative directors from select member companies. Eligibility was determined providing the advertisement appeared in the theatre between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009.
Following are the winners of the 2009 CAC Creative Excellence Awards:
• Top Regional or National Commercial Spot (ran in more than one theatre in two or more markets) ¬- LG Mobile Communications: "LG Cars (enVTOUCH)" (Creative: Y&R)
• Top Regional or National Long-form Advertisement - Breyers: "Smooth + Dreamy" (Creative: Mindshare Entertainment)
• Top Integrated Cinema Advertising Campaign - Sprint: "Now Network / Mobile Previews" (Creative: GSP; Media: Mindshare Entertainment)
• Top Local Commercial Spot - The Detroit News: "Time To Engage" (Creative: Harvest Productions)
• Top Digitally Animated Still Cinema Advertisement - Mercedes-Benz: "MB of Arrowhead" (Creative: in-house)
• Top Still Image Advertisement - Atomic Toys: "Toy Shop" (Creative: in-house)
Awards are given to the advertiser and/or the creative agency responsible for the advertisements, with the exception of the integrated campaign awards which are given to the advertiser, creative agency and media agency. Images and/or video from the winners can be found online here.