Wednesday Afternoon Update: MovieTickets.com is reporting 587 sold-out shows for Sex and the City 2 as of Wednesday, 4 p.m. PT. PT. 56 of those sold-out shows are for midnight screenings.
Tuesday Afternoon Update: SATC 2 is "slightly outpacing" the original film on Fandango.com at the same point in the sales cycle, according to Fandango spokesperson Harry Medved.
As of 11:30 a.m. PT, SATC 2 is responsible for a dominant 81 percent of daily sales on Fandango. The ticketing site also conducted a survey to gauge the level of enthusiasm for the sequel:
• 94% of the Fandango SATC 2 survey respondents are women.
• 79% of fans will see the movie with a group of women, while only 7% said they're bringing a date.
• 76% said that the movie represents a "great escape."
• 75% plan to attend a SATC 2 get-together before or after the movie.
• 53% plan to dress up for the occasion.
• 52% plan to drink Cosmos before and/or after the movie.