As of 1 p.m. PT, Fandango.com is reporting that Inception is responsible for an impressive 52% of daily sales. Its closest competitor is The Sorcerer's Apprentice at 18%. The ticketing site also conducted a buyer survey that reveals some interesting reasons why people are deciding to see Christopher Nolan's latest:
• 93% said they were more intrigued to see Inception because so little had been revealed of the film's plot.
• 82% are interested in seeing Leonardo DiCaprio's performance.
• 81% said they were fans of Christopher Nolan's work.
• 66% said they were tired of the summer sequels and reboots.
• 41% of respondents are female.