Kansas City, Mo. -- AMC Theatres (AMC), a leading theatrical exhibition and entertainment company, announces today that AMC Randhurst 12, located at 200 Randhurst Village Dr. in Mount Prospect, Ill., will open to the public on April 29 with new movies such as FAST FIVE and PROM.
"I wish I lived in Mount Prospect because our new AMC Randhurst 12 is going to be THE place to gather with family and friends to watch movies," said Gerry Lopez, CEO and president of AMC. "We carefully designed this theatre to have less of an impact on the environment while delivering a WOW factor to our guests. We think they will love it!"
The new AMC Randhurst 12 will be Chicago's first LEED-certified theatre, incorporating various aspects of environmentally sustainable design. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is globally recognized green-building certification system, providing a concise framework for implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance.
In addition to its environmental attributes, guests at AMC Randhurst 12 will enjoy unique seating options that include first-come, first-serve box seats along the sides of the auditoriums, seats with extra leg room in the back row and front-row recliners.
Guests who visit the theatre will also be the first to experience the only all-digital theatre in the area, equipped with Sony 4K digital cinema projections systems that offer the highest picture resolution of all available projection technologies and more than four times greater than high-definition.
Before or after the show, guests at AMC Randhurst 12 will be able to enjoy an alcoholic beverage at MacGuffins®, a full-service bar and lounge area inside the theatre. Named after a term coined by famed filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, MacGuffins features a variety of beer, wine and cocktails. MacGuffins operates from 4-11 p.m. daily and guests must be at least 21 years old.
If guests are looking for a non-alcoholic beverage, they will be in luck because AMC Randhurst 12 will offer Coca-Cola Freestyle®, which will allow guests to use cutting-edge technology to create their own personal drink mix from more than 100 choices.
The ETX auditorium at AMC Randhurst 12 will include a 20-percent larger screen, 3D technology, digital projection and an upgraded sound system. Specifically, the digital projection system produces images at a superior resolution with nearly twice as many audio channels compared to typical auditoriums. As a result of this improved experience, guests will not simply watch a movie. They will live it in ETX.
A guest's dream come true, AMC Randhurst 12 will feature the most current Hollywood releases and other types of entertainment, presented in the immersive, big-screen viewing environment of an AMC theatre. Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved, premium screens bring guests' favorite stars to life with approximately 1,800 seats in 12 auditoriums.
Other amenities at AMC Randhurst 12 include:
• A large, efficient, fast-serve concession marketplace offering a wide variety of guests' favorite food and beverage options such as:
o Chicken tenders
o Mozzarella sticks
o French fries
o Hot dogs and bratwurst
o Ice cream and shakes
o Gourmet popcorn
o Espresso, cappuccino, lattes
• Stadium seating in each auditorium, with 21-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for perfectly clear, unobstructed views from each seat
• AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "rocking" backs and lifting cupholder armrests
• Six-channel digital audio in 11 of the 12 auditoriums for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects (the ETX auditorium contains an even more powerful audio experience)
• The box office and a guest services area for superior attention to guests' needs are contained entirely within the theatre's lobby for increased guest comfort
• Automated box offices for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick up
Additional information about the theatre can be found at www.amctheatres.com/Randhurst12.