Opening April 30, new facility to provide a complete entertainment destination featuring DreamLounger℠ recliner seating, premium large format screens and unique food and beverage options
Milwaukee, April 29, 2015...This weekend, Marcus Theatres®, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS), is opening the doors to its new, state-of-the-art Palace Cinema, located at 2830 Hoepker Road in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. As the company's first newly constructed theatre since 2007, the Marcus Palace Cinema is set to become the ultimate entertainment destination for residents in the area.
The new theatre will open its doors to the public for the first time on Thursday, April 30, with an "Avengers" double feature at 4 p.m. That evening, guests will begin to experience amenities that go beyond the standard trip to the movies as well. From DreamLounger℠ recliner seating in every auditorium and two massive UltraScreen DLX®auditoriums, to a variety of food and beverage options, Marcus Palace Cinema has it all under one roof.
"As Marcus Theatres continues to invest in its circuit with new options, comforts and conveniences for our guests, we are thrilled to introduce our first brand-new facility in eight years," said Rolando B. Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of Marcus Theatres. "The Palace Cinema showcases many of the new amenities that help make Marcus Theatres a leader and an innovator, both in the movie exhibition business and the entertainment industry at large."
Marcus Palace Cinema will provide guests with a complete night out, offering several innovations to enhance the moviegoing experience:
• DreamLounger recliner seating - All 12 auditoriums feature DreamLounger leather recliners to provide moviegoers with maximum comfort that feels like home, with seven feet of legroom between the rows. These seats enable guests to go from a seated, upright position to a full recline at the touch of a button. Additionally, guests can select and reserve their seats in advance to provide a convenient, stress-free experience upon arrival.
• Two UltraScreen DLX® auditoriums - The new theatre will house two UltraScreen DLX® auditoriums featuring DreamLounger recliners and massive screens more than 60-feetwide. With Dolby® Atmos® multidimensional sound, these premium, large-format screens provide a lifelike, virtual soundscape with speakers placed in the front, back, sides and even across the ceiling of each auditorium.
• Choices at the concession stand - With freshly-made popcorn, crunchy nachos, soft pretzel bites and sweet candy treats, there is truly something for everyone at the concessions counter. In fact, there are more than 25 choices of candy alone! Add a Pepsi product or an ICEE® as the perfect companion.
• Big Screen Bistro℠ in-auditorium dining - Guests can enjoy dinner and a movie simultaneously inside four, full-service Big Screen Bistro℠ auditoriums, with waitstaff serving up food and beverage items directly to their seats. A complete menu offers entrees, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, desserts and drinks. The DreamLounger recliners in these auditoriums are fitted with swivel tables for a comfortable dining experience.
• Zaffiro's® Express in the lobby - The Zaffiro's Express concept, based on a renowned Milwaukee landmark pizzeria since 1954,enables moviegoers to enjoy menu items that go beyond the usual concession stand fare. THINCREDIBLE® handmade thin-crust pizza, sandwiches, appetizers, salads, desserts and other menu items are available for quick pick-up in the theatre lobby. Guests can place their order at the concession counter and enjoy their meal in the lobby or inside an auditorium.
• Take Five® Lounge in the lobby - Highlighted by an in-lobby cocktail lounge connected to an outdoor patio with a fire pit, the Take Five Lounge offers beverages, appetizers and meal options in a casual, relaxing atmosphere. Guests can mingle and enjoy menu items before or after a movie, or they can bring beverages from the lounge into the auditorium to enjoy during the movie. The Take Five Lounge also provides a venue for group outings or watching sporting events on a 20-foot-wide screen mounted on the wall.
For more information and showtimes at Marcus Palace Cinema, visit MarcusTheatres.com.