Sterling, Virginia -- GDC Technology ("GDC"), a world leading digital cinema solution provider, is delighted to announce that it has secured a repeat server supply contract with loyal customer Cobb Theatres, an Alabama-based theatre chain. GDC servers were selected in July 2010 for Cobb's lavish CinéBistro Theatres, and this new contract will see the completion of Cobb Theatres' digital conversion program, with servers installed at theatres serving Florida, Alabama and the Southeast. The addition of 115 GDC digital cinema servers ensures this historic family cinema chain will greatly expand their entertainment options.
With Cobb's digital deployment, GDC again supplies digital cinema servers; Barco supplies digital cinema projection systems, and facilitates the installation integration and ongoing field service support. Cinedigm (NADAQ: CIDM), the global leader in digital cinema conversion programs, is responsible for structuring and implementing the underlying VPF agreement that enables Cobb's conversion to digital cinema, as well as providing the entire administration responsibility of the VPF program for Cobb.
Cobb Theatres is a unique motion picture exhibitor currently operating 222 screens at 17 locations throughout the Southeastern United States. Since it was established in 2000, Cobb Theatres, while maintaining its rich heritage of family values, is committed to being the leader in providing the ultimate entertainment experience, consistently surpassing the expectations of moviegoers. Such a premier experience requires only the highest quality technology for which GDC is one of the best in the industry.
"Cobb Theatres knows only the best will suffice when building premier-grade cinemas that attract sophisticated moviegoers who seek the ultimate cinematic experience," said Jeremy Welman, COO of Cobb Theatres. "This is exactly why GDC servers were selected and we are happy to say that they have fully lived up to our expectations. Success of the first supply contract has certainly cemented GDC's position as a server provider for Cobb Theatres, and we have great confidence in GDC's high quality products and reliable services to complement our premier theatres."
"GDC is proud to be the server partner of Cobb Theatres and is delighted to be chosen again as the exclusive server provider for its premier theatres," said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder and CEO of GDC Technology. "This is a show of recognition of the quality of our products and a strong vote of confidence in us. GDC looks forward to further strengthening the partnership with Cobb Theatres in bringing the best in digital cinema to all moviegoers."
San Francisco -- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) today announced the availability of its next-generation Dolby® 3D glasses. Designed with Dolby's 3D technical know-how, the expertise of a leading eyewear design company, and 3M's new multilayer optical film lenses, the glasses are compatible with Dolby 3D Digital Cinema systems currently installed.
"With the newly designed Dolby 3D glasses, we look to maintain the premium quality visual performance that Hollywood has come to expect from Dolby 3D, while providing a more comfortable fit for cinemagoers and a lower price point for exhibitors," said Matt Cuson, Senior Marketing Director, Cinema, Dolby Laboratories. "The next-generation Dolby 3D glasses strike the perfect balance between style and performance and are designed to be used repeatedly, bringing per-ticket costs well below disposable single-use 3D glasses."
The new glasses are currently available at a list price of $12.00 or lower when purchased with a Dolby 3D bundle. Dolby also plans to make children-sized glasses available next quarter.
New Technology Increases Performance
• Dolby has partnered with 3M to develop a new multilayer optical film lens that greatly reduces the weight of the glasses, increasing comfort while providing the excellent optical performance moviegoers expect from Dolby 3D.
• A more robust mechanical design, the new nylon frame features wide side temples and a shelf along the top edge of the frames, which help prevent extraneous light from entering the glasses, reducing internal lens reflections.
Style Enhances Comfort
• Updated industrial design makes both the audience member and the movie look marvelous.
• The new frames fit comfortably over 98 percent of prescription glasses and are well-suited to youth and adults.
More Robust for More Use
• The next-generation Dolby 3D glasses can withstand the rigors of many wash cycles and can be reused hundreds of times.
• The new 3M lenses are scratch resistant and include an antireflective coating.
RFID Tags Added for Tracking
• Beyond the antitheft tag included in previous generations of Dolby 3D glasses, the new Dolby 3D glasses also include individually serialized RFID tags.
• These tags can be used for inventory tracking and management.
New Lower Cost
• Dolby 3D glasses are high-performance, environmentally friendly, passive glasses that require no batteries or charging.
• Because they are reusable, the per-ticket cost of Dolby 3D glasses can be well below the cost of disposable 3D glasses.
• The new glasses are available at a list price of $12.00 or lower when purchased with a Dolby 3D bundle.
Exhibitors interested in learning more about Dolby 3D should contact their nearest Dolby reseller or Dolby sales office, or visit Dolby in booth (1600A) during CinemaCon 2011 at Caesars Palace.
Battle: Los Angeles: $29 million from 8,220 locations in 55 markets. International total: $51.9 million. Worldwide total: $112.5 million.
Rango: $20 million from 5,810 locations in 54 markets. International total: $73 million. Worldwide total: $165.5 million.
The Rite: $7.2 million from 2,500 locations in 39 markets. International total: $46.1 million. Worldwide total: $78.8 million.
Black Swan: $5.8 million from 3,200 locations in 43 markets. International total: $175 million. Worldwide total: $281 million.
The Adjustment Bureau: $5.6 million weekend from 2,629 locations in 38 territories. International total: $32.3 million. Worldwide total: $81.0 million.
Paul: 2,801 (NEW)
Limitless: 2,756 (NEW)
The Lincoln Lawyer: 2,707 (NEW)
Rango: 3,843 (-80)
Battle: Los Angeles: 3,417 (+0)
Mars Needs Moms: 3,117 (+0)
Red Riding Hood: 3,030 (+0)
The Adjustment Bureau: 2,655 (-192)
Hall Pass: 1,905 (-650)
Beastly: 1,810 (-149)
Gnomeo & Juliet: 1,748 (-837)
Just Go With It: 1,780 (-690)
Unknown: 1,401 (-902)
The King's Speech: 1,249 (-519)
I Am Number Four: 955 (-1,050)