Their official press release:
On Wednesday, October 7, The Walt Disney Studios crossed the $4 billion mark at the global box office in Studio record time, surpassing its previous fastest set 11/14/14 by nearly six weeks. With $1.433 billion domestically and $2.575 billion internationally as of 10/7/15, this is the third consecutive year the Studio has reached this threshold. It comes as Disney•Pixar's Inside Out crosses the $800 million mark upon its debut in China this week.
"2015 has been a record-setting year both domestically and internationally thanks to a strong slate of films from all of our brands," said Dave Hollis, Executive Vice President, Theatrical Distribution, The Walt Disney Studios. "With an incredible pipeline of both original stories and anticipated sequels featuring our most beloved characters, we are set to deliver some fantastic movies well into the future."
Further solidifying its branded tentpole strategy, The Walt Disney Studios has set the following domestic release dates:
· CARS 3 now dated on 6/16/17 wide
· COCO is final title of previous "11/22/17 Untitled Pixar Animation" (previously announced 11/22/17 wide playdate is unchanged)
· 12/22/17 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 12/22/17 wide
· BLACK PANTHER moves to 2/16/18 wide (from 7/6/18 wide)
· GIGANTIC is final title of previous "3/9/18 Disney Animation" (previously announced 3/9/18 wide playdate is unchanged)
· TOY STORY 4 moves to 6/15/18 wide (from 6/16/17 wide)
· ANT-MAN AND THE WASP now dated on 7/6/18 wide
· 11/2/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/2/18 wide
· CAPTAIN MARVEL moves to 3/8/19 wide (from 11/2/18 wide)
· 3/29/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 3/29/19 wide
· UNTITLED DISNEYTOON STUDIOS now dated on 4/12/19 wide
· THE INCREDIBLES 2 now dated on 6/21/19 wide
· 11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/8/19 wide
· 3/13/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION now dated on 3/13/20 wide
· 5/1/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 5/1/20 wide
· 6/19/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION now dated on 6/19/20 wide
· 7/10/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 7/10/20 wide
· 11/6/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 11/6/20 wide
· 11/25/20 UNTITLED DISNEY ANIMATION now dated on Wed 11/25/20 wide
2015 box office drivers and milestones:
· Disney•Pixar's Inside Out (6/19/15, still in release) debuted in China on 10/6/15 and has now crossed $800M worldwide, including $353.9M domestic and $450.3M international. It is the #3 film of the year domestically and the #5 film of the year globally, as well as Pixar's third highest grossing release worldwide.
· Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) has earned $458.9M domestic and $946M international for a global total of $1,404.9M and is the #2 film of the year domestically and the #6 film of all time globally.
· Disney's live-action Cinderella (3/13/15) has earned $201.1M domestic and $341.4M international for a global total of $542.5M; it's the #6 film of the year domestically and the #8 film of the year globally.
· Marvel's Ant-Man (7/17/15, still in release) has earned $178.5M domestic and $231.5M international for a global total of $410M; it's the #9 film of the year domestically and opens in its final international market, China, on October 16.
· Disney reached several milestones in Studio record time this year, including $3B global on 6/30/15 (previous best 8/5/14), $2B international on 7/11/15 (previous best 8/3/14) and $1B domestic on 7/24/15 (174 days, previous best 188 days), and achieved its first billion-dollar summer.
Still ahead in 2015, Disney•Pixar's The Good Dinosaur debuts domestically on 11/25/15 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuts on 12/18/15. DreamWorks Studios' Bridge of Spies, which will be distributed domestically by Touchstone Pictures, opens on 10/16/15.