Regal Entertainment Group Offers Regal Super Ticket for Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema & Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures’ The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
November 07, 2013
See the Movie and Be the First to Own the Digital HD Copy
KNOXVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 7, 2013-- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States today announced that director Peter Jackson's highly anticipated The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will premiere a new program called Regal Super Ticket, designed for the ultimate movie fan. For the first time, U.S. moviegoers will be able to purchase a theatre admission ticket and pre-order the Digital HD version of the new movie at the same time with Regal Super Ticket. The pre-ordered Digital HD version will be available to Regal Super Ticket-holders weeks before the Blu-rayTM and DVD release date and four days prior to the digital release of the film. Additionally, a standard definition digital version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be immediately available to stream or download through any UltraVioletTM service, such as Flixster.
Regal Super Ticket sales for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available to all moviegoers beginning November 21, 2013 at participating Regal box offices or via www.REGmovies.com.
"We're incredibly proud to team up with Warner Bros., New Line, MGM, and Flixster on Regal Super Ticket, the first offering of its kind in the U.S., and we look forward to expanding this exclusive premium in the months ahead," said Amy Miles, chief executive officer for Regal Entertainment Group. "Regal prides itself in offering the very best theatre experience for our guests, and now we can offer them the opportunity to be the first to own The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, arguably one of the most anticipated movies of the year."
A Regal Super Ticket includes the price of the theatrical movie admission plus $20 for the early-release high definition digital version of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and a standard definition digital version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. In addition, the Regal Super Ticket provides moviegoers with greater access to what they want, when they most want it. According to a Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Global Consumer Insights & Research study, more than 40 percent of those who buy a home entertainment product make their decision before seeing the film, and an additional 30 percent do so during the film's theatrical run.
"We're excited to partner with Regal on this and future Super Ticket offers," said Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. "Super Ticket is an innovative way to give fans the opportunity to see the movie now and, at the same time, secure their ownership of it forever while opening up new and easier channels for us to help consumers access digital products."
The purchase also enters Super Ticket holders into The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to Middle-earth, courtesy of Air New Zealand.*
Purchasing and redeeming a Regal Super Ticket is easy:
• Regal Super Tickets may be purchased at all participating theatres, REGmovies.com and during online ticket transactions on Fandango.com. For a list of participating theatres, visit www.REGmovies.com/Promotions/HobbitSuperTicket.
• You will receive your movie ticket and a voucher containing a unique access code, which you can then use to redeem your digital versions of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
• A standard definition digital version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be immediately added to your UltraVioletTM account when you redeem your access code. Four days prior to the digital release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, a Digital HD version of the film will be automatically added to your UltraViolet account. You will need a Flixster and an UltraViolet account. If you don't already have accounts, you will be prompted to create your free accounts when you go to redeem your code.
• UltraViolet digital versions can be streamed and/or downloaded to your favorite internet connected devices (iOS, Android, Google TV), including smartphones, tablets and computers, as well as internet connected Blu-ray players, TVs and game consoles. For more information, visit http://www.flixster.com/about/ultraviolet.
* Everyone who redeems their access code is automatically entered into The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a trip for two to New Zealand, a visit to Hobbiton movie set and Weta Cave courtesy of Air New Zealand. Five (5) Second Prize winners will receive prop replica collectibles. And twenty-five (25) Third Prize winners will receive the Blu-rayTM edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition as well as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. No purchase required to enter the Sweepstakes. For alternate method of entry and complete official rules, please go to http://www.UltimateAdventureSweepstakes.com.
About Regal Entertainment Group:
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) operates the largest and most geographically diverse theatre circuit in the United States, consisting of 7,342 screens in 576 theatres in 42 states along with Guam, Saipan, American Samoa and the District of Columbia as of October 24, 2013. The Company operates theatres in 46 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas. We believe that the size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provide its patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations.
Source: Regal Entertainment Group
Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Regal Entertainment Group
Senior Vice President, Publicity and Corporate Communications
New Line Cinema
No comments were posted.