Harkins Theatres to Build New Luxury Cinema in Aurora, Colorado
Scottsdale, AZ, August 2, 2018 – Harkins Theatres announced today the acquisition of a 12-acre parcel located at Tower & I-70 in Aurora, Colorado. This site will be the future home to the third location in the greater Denver market for the largest privately-owned theatre chain in the country. Harkins opened its flagship theatre in Colorado, Harkins Northfield 18, located at the Shops at Stapleton, in 2006. Following the success of the Northfield 18 theatre, the newly-rebuilt Harkins Arvada 14 theatre opened in April 2018 with brand new amenities, bringing the Ultimate Moviegoing™ experience to Arvada and the surrounding communities.
“We are grateful for the phenomenal community support at both our Northfield and Arvada theatres,” says Mike Bowers, President and CEO of Harkins Theatres. “After having sought opportunities throughout Denver, we are excited to have found our next home in Aurora!”
The new theatre will feature Harkins’ premium large format auditorium, the CINÉ1®. This auditorium will boast plush, leather reclining Ultimate Lounger™ seats, Dolby Atmos® 3D object-based sound across 150+ speakers and signature gold waterfall drapes that will open to unveil each performance. The CINÉ1® at Harkins Theatres is the perfect fusion of technology, style and showmanship, redefining the Ultimate Moviegoing™ experience.
“The new Aurora theatre will include outstanding amenities and programs for the surrounding community,” says Dan Harkins, Owner of Harkins Theatres. “We are beyond thrilled to provide the Ultimate Moviegoing Experience and entertain our new friends in Aurora.”
Theatre highlights will include:
- CINÉ1® Auditorium featuring Harkins Ultimate Lounger™ seats, laser projection, reserved seating and digital sound
- Harkins Ultimate Lounger™ seats (plush, electric, leather reclining seats) in all auditoriums
- Reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Paperless, mobile ticketing
- In-lobby bar featuring wine and beer, including local craft favorites
- State-of-the-art laser projection and digital sound
- Wall-to-wall curved screens
- Expanded hot food and dining offerings including Harkins’ Big Screen Burger and Artisan Flatbreads, along with Harkins’ expanded concession offerings
A groundbreaking date has not yet been announced on the newest Colorado location.
For more information, please visit Harkins.com.